Thursday, January 7, 2010

Yummy Berry Smoothie

I have always had a huge sweet tooth. I usually snack on chocolate each day but I realize that is probably the source of my Buddah belly. Today I snacked on Mini Caramel Rice Cakes (pretty good) and rewarded myself after dinner with a fresh berry smoothie, lots of ice. My kids and husband even helped slurp it down and it has yummy antioxidants.

In a blender mix:
3 cups of ice
1 cup of Dannon Light and Fit Strawberry Yogurt (110 calories a cup)
2 cups Non-Fat Milk (160 calories)
1 large banana sliced (125 calories)
1/2 cup strawberries, fresh (22 calories)
1/2 cup blueberries, fresh (40 calories)

Total of 457 calories per blender. We split it six ways for approx. 76 calories per serving.
Split it with your family for a healthy treat. YUMMO!

3 comments:

  1. Yum. I am going to try that! You can also add some vanilla protein powder for an extra healthy snack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This smoothie is so delicious! A small cup of this goodness satisfies my major sweet tooth. Thx Steph

    ReplyDelete