I am a serious chocoholic. I went to a business dinner for my husband's work and there was a huge buffet of desserts. I passed up a majority of the buffet except a chocolate covered strawberry and a chocolate mousse cake. I ate one bite of cake and left the rest. This is a "huge" step for me on my progress. Of course knowing I only burned 300 calories on my elliptical machine this morning and knowing this one cake would probably double that probably helped. At any rate it's a step in my "life changing progression".
I always thought when I got too bad I would just have a gastric bypass and get my life back on track. I've met several people in the last week who all have had gastric bypasses and they are still all 300 lbs+. It made me realize that I really need to make a lifestyle change NOW. Thanks Renae for allowing me to be part of this great group.
BTW- I used to work with Renae at TFCU. We shared some similar bumps and bruises from working there and have been friends since.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so awesome that you passed up chocolate. Chocolate cake is one of my favorites. All things in moderation. You still got to have a taste, but you just took enough to satisfy your craving. That is so great! You should be proud.
ReplyDelete