Saturday, January 16, 2010

Exercise and Emotional Eating

Ok...so I just did an hour on the treadmill and could have done more because I was watching Grey's.  There is nothing better than having quiet time where you can walk and watch your favorite recorded shows!!!  I am finding that I am getting a little bit more stressed out and I am fighting the urge to eat my feeling.  It is really tough.  My favorite comfort food isn't candy, but bread.  I love it.  Control has been key and I am starting to feel like I can control my hands from putting too much in my mouth.  Is anyone else struggling with emotional eating?  What kinds of things do you do to get past it???

4 comments:

  1. Good question. I had family in town this weekend and I slipped in to my bad habits quickly...eating out and choosing yummy over healthy...social snacking.....and not exercising. Hope I didn't gain this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so easy to slip when you are in a social situation. This is where we need some control tips. I have tried to choose healthy over the junk. I have had sucess still with no diet coke. That is the hard one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. January is BAD for me. Lots of birthdays and FOOD. I'm mostly past them now. Hopefully I can get into it a little more. I must say my heart hasn't been in it yet. Starting fresh today! I've got some catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete