Wednesday, January 27, 2010

How is your progress??

Hello All!

How is your progress?  Are you hitting a brick wall and starting to feel like it isn't worth it anymore...well it is!  It may just be time to try a new approach.  Search around for something that works with your lifestyle and personality.  Maybe you just need a workout buddy.  Maybe you need to record your food, fitness, and emotions in a journal.  Whatever it is that you need to push through...do it.  It is worth becoming healthy...even if it is only a pound at a time.  Some websites you can look to for motivation are Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, http://www.transformations.com/, sparkpeople.com, and of course here!  We can help to motivate each other.

On my journey the past few weeks I have identified that I am definatley an emotional eater.  I noticed that I absent mindedly put food in my mouth..maybe my kids are wasting something, maybe I taste what I am cooking...fifty times....it all adds up.

I decided for me that I would search in a direction I haven't yet tried..and I have tried almost everything.  So...Tuesday, I made a call and went and talked to a consultant with Jenny Craig...now in Utah there is a center in Salt Lake and one in Ogden.  It works for me because I am in Ogden every week.  For any of you that have seen their commercials and have wondered what it really all about here is a quick breakdown..

1.  You meet with your personal consultant every week for a weigh in.
2.  You set a goal weight and learn what your half way point would be.
3.  You start off with their planned menu...including food (which is about 10-12 dollars a day). 
4.  When you meet your half way point, you switch from all Jenny food to half Jenny food and half your own prep food.
5.  The food is AWESOME...not at all what I expected.
6.  You can pick between 3 different plans (whatever works for you financially).  They are running a 20 lb for 20 bucks deal right now.  Not too bad of a deal I would say. 

Anyhow...just a little info just in case you have ever wondered. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way Annie, I eat, eat, eat all day long. I'm excited to see your success with Jenny Craig.

    ReplyDelete